CODE OF CONDUCT
Business meetings provide an opportunity to network, share information, build knowledge and learn. At Symposium Cracoviense, we strive to provide a welcoming environment for all participants at all of our business events. That is why we have created a Code of Conduct to define rules related to accessibility, acceptance of cultural and social differences.
The Code of Conduct defines norms that underpin diversity and inclusion. Their goal is to foster a community where all people should feel safe to participate, introduce new ideas, and inspire others, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technological choices.
This document defines both expected and prohibited behavior. It can be customized for each event. We want to make sure that our events are an inclusive, respectful, productive and harassment-free experience for everyone.
In order to foster an environment that builds community and positive relationships, the following behaviors are expected of all participants in Symposium Cracoviense events:
- Be present and take an active part.
- Be aware of your surroundings and other participants.
- Behave respectfully toward all people you encounter, including event and venue personnel.
- Be considerate in your statements and actions.
Harassment, intimidation, and/or innuendo that is hurtful or interferes with other participants' experience or participation are unacceptable behaviors. Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior or speech, including but not limited to personal insults, sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ageist or ableist language.
- Inappropriate physical contact; consent must be obtained before touching a person.
- Language that suggests excluding or demeaning a person based on an immutable characteristic; for example, asking a participant where he or she is really from; assuming that a person's spouse or partner is of the opposite sex; intentionally using the wrong pronoun to refer to a person.
- Unwanted attention of a sexual nature, including comments or jokes of a sexual nature, inappropriate touching, groping or sexual propositions.
- Intentional intimidation, stalking or following.
- Persistent disruption, including during talks and presentations.
- Display of sexually explicit or violent material, including in presented materials (e.g., slides, presentations, talks) or in informal settings or on personal devices (e.g., phone).
- Violence, threats of violence or aggressive language directed against another person or group.
- Possession of dangerous or unauthorized materials, such as explosives, firearms, weapons or similar items.
- Bullying, including repeated verbal abuse; verbal, non-verbal or physical behavior of a threatening, intimidating or humiliating nature; or sabotaging or undermining a person's performance.
- Theft or improper disposal or possession of property.
- Use, distribution, sale or transfer of illegal drugs.
- Any other illegal activity or form of harassment not covered above.
Symposium Cracoviense reserves the right to determine on a case-by-case basis in the case of specific incidents what constitutes unacceptable behavior and what action it will take in connection with the incidents.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated at congresses organized by Symposium Cracoviense. Any person asked by a staff member or colleague to stop unacceptable behavior should immediately comply. If an attendee behaves in an unacceptable manner or fails to comply with expected behavior at any time during the event, Symposium Cracoviense may take any action it deems appropriate to maintain a welcoming environment for all attendees, including but not limited to removing the attendee from the event without refund.
What to do in case of unacceptable behavior
If you witness or are exposed to unacceptable behavior or have any other concerns during a congress organized by Symposium Cracoviense, please notify our representative as soon as possible at: email@example.com
In consideration of and in exchange for my participation in a congress organized by Symposium Cracoviense, I accept and will abide by the Code of Conduct while attending such event. I understand that Symposium Cracoviense may take any action it deems appropriate, including removing me from the event without refund, in the event of my failure to comply with this Code of Conduct.